Bakery Insurance

(Business Owner Policy)

Types of Insurance
Types of Insurance -  Condo Insurance
 Discounts - Condo Insurance

Every bakery owner knows that their bakery is a business that requires them to be a savvy financial manager as well as an amazing baker that knows their craft. Crises are always good to be prepared for and accidents are bound to happen. Fires are a common problem when it comes to baking, so it is good to have propper procdures in place to prevent them.

But if the unpreventable happens, you will want good insurance to take care of your financial needs to restore your amazing bakery. You never want to face this type of issue without an insurance to cover the costs. Insurance is not just there when inadequate equipment results in cupcakes and bread not properly baking, but other catastrophees big or small.

Business owner’s policy (BOP)

Typically used for service-based professions, and may cover you if a client sues due to a business mistake


Many insurance plans are commonly bundled together for simplicity and a cheaper rate.

Protect your bakery from potential stress that could cause serious monetary loss. If the power goes out will your ingredients spoil? You will want to have backup power or insurance to cover that as well. A side note, for new bakers, is to consider baked goods that did not sell the day they were made. Will you mark down the inventory, sell for less, give it away or throw it out? A financially successful bakery looks at multiple angles to decide what is best for them.

This is where our bundled insurance rates can help. Most insurance for bakeries is higher than one might think, but here at We Care our bundles will help you get everything you need at an affordable rate that is customized just for you. 

Most policies include employer’s liability insurance, which protects bakery owners against lawsuits related to workplace injuries.  


Even if you view your cake business as a hobby, if you sell to the public, it’s important to have insurance. 

General Liability Coverage

Your General Liability limit is the max that your insurance company will pay for damages due to slips, trips, falls and damage to someone else’s property.

If you have a loss that is $750,000 and your General Liability limit is set at only $500,000, you are responsible for paying the additional $250,000.

So make sure you think about what limits you need!

Property Damage Liability Deductible

Property Damage Liability Covers damage done to someone elses’ property. This deductible is the amount you are responsible for any claims involving Property Damage Liability

Business Personal Property Limit

This limit provides coverage ro repair or replace your business equipment and property such as tools, computers, desks, chairs and other items used in the operation of your business.

Building Limit

This limit provides coverage to repair or rebuild your building if it is damaged or destroyed.

Property Claims Deductible

Your Property Deductible is the amount that you are responsible to pay when you file a claim for damages to your stuff, such as computers, desks, and anything else used in the operation of your business.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do we insure people with many claims?

Yes! We have select carriers for people who have many claims or a bad record.

What payment methods do we accept?

Payments through a mortgage, direct billing through mail, EFT (Bank Account), debit and credit cards.

How can I file a claim?

 We strongly recommend calling us before the insurance carrier directly about a claim. You may not want to file a claim depending on your insurance plan. However, we will assist you in filling a claim the best way to make sure you take the least amount of damage possible to your insurance score. After talking with us, you can call the insurance carrier or let us call them for you.


If you can’t find your answer here, please don’t hesitate to ask a representative through our messaging system or email.