Condo Insurance

City buildings - Condo Insurance

Types of Insurance

Types of Insurance -  Condo Insurance


Glossary -  Condo Insurance


 Discounts - Condo Insurance

Types of Condo Insurance

Low Condo Insurance

Money saver


  • No Dwelling Coverage
  • Personal Property: $30,000 or less

Loss of Use

  • None


  • Personal: $100,000
  • Medical Payments: $1,000


  • $1,000+

Standard Condo Insurance

For the average person


  • Dwelling Coverage
  • Personal Property: $30,000 – $50,000 & Replacement Cost
  • Water-Backup Protection

Loss of Use

  • 25%*


  • Personal: $200,000
  • Medical Payments: $2,000


  • $500

Premium Condo Insurance

For those who worry or have a high net worth


  • Dwelling Coverage
  • Personal Property: $50,000+, Replacement Cost, & Special Items Coverage
  • Water-Backup Protection

Loss of Use

  • 40%*


  • Personal: $300,000
  • Medical Payments: $5,000
  • Personal Injury


  • $500

*Percentages are of the replacement cost of the dwelling




Pays for property damage and injury costs to others on your property or adjacent. Pays for legal defense costs as well, if you get sued.

Medical Payments

This covers medical bills for those injured on your property. The difference between personal liability coverage and this coverage is the medical payment limit will be used before the personal limit. This personal limit may not be used at all unless the injured sues the insured.

Personal Insurance Protection

This Pays for damages to someone's name including:

  • Defamation of name
  • False arrest
  • Libel
  • Malicious prosecution
  • Publication that violate's privacy
  • Slander
  • Wrongful conviction

Business Pursuits

Protects your home business from liability charges. Examples of home businesses could include daycare, renting on airbnb, dog sitting.


Actual Cash Value

This is the value and method used to replace your personal property. The insurance company inventories your lost personal property and calculates the current value (Purchase Price – Depreciation).

Personal Property

Property that is not attached to the building. This includes furniture, kitchenware, appliances, electronics, pictures, books, and toys.

Normal Covered Perils include: 

  • Accidental discharge of water or steam
  • Air-Conditioning
  • Aircraft
  • Burglary Damage
  • Civil Commotion
  • Collapse
  • Electric
  • Electrical Current
  • External and Internal Explosion
  • Falling Objects
  • Fire
  • Freeze
  • Glass Breakage
  • Hail
  • Heating
  • Lightning
  • Malicious Mischief
  • Plumbing
  • Riot
  • Sleet and Snow
  • Smoke
  • Sudden tearing
  • Vandalism
  • Vehicles
  • Volcanic Eruption
  • Wind
  • Weight of Ice

Add the special coverage endorsement to get your personal property coverage to include all perils except for:

  • aircraft
  • earthquake
  • flood
  • governmental
  • seizure
  • intentional loss
  • nuclear
  • ordinance or law
  • war

Replacement Cost

This is a coverage you can have instead of actual cash value. Instead of the insurance company only paying the depreciated value of your personal property, they will pay the amount it would cost to replace your personal property.

Special Items Coverage

You can create limits on specific types of items. For example, jewelry, art, firearms, etc. This ensures that the insurance company will pay for a specific group of items along with paying a for a general sum of everything. This may not add up to the cost to replace these item types.



Your Condo and anything attached to it. The dwelling limit is the cost to reconstruct it. This is the value insurance companies use for your home. This can vary greatly from the market value (how much you bought it for). The cost to reconstruct it includes electrical wiring, plumbing, and anything else needed to duplicate the structure. For a condo you may only need the reconstruction cost for the interior of the dwelling, which means you don’t have to pay for outer walls, roof, etc.

Examples of attachments: Attached garage, awning, ceiling fan, towel bar, mirrors.

Loss of Use

In the event that you cannot live in your home, this will pay for expenses incurred outside the homes. Examples of this includes eating out and hotel stay.


Those insured will pay up to the deductible amount before the insurance company will pay any money for your policy. A deductible is usually a dollar amount (eg. $1,500) but also can be a percentage of the dwelling limit (eg. 1%- A dwelling limit set at $300,000 would make the 1% deductible $3,000). In some states you may have a separate deductible for damages from wind and hail.



Normal Exclusions You Can Add

Water Damage

From Sewer backup to water leakage water damage can create a whole lot of problems.


Any damage from a flood or water coming in from the side walls would be covered by flood insurance.

Equipment Breakdown

This pays for the cost to replace or fix the sudden breakdown of specific equipment in the home. Equipment includes:


  • air-conditioner
  • dish washer
  • heater
  • oven
  • refrigerator
  • washer and dryer
  • water heater


Damages caused by utility companies are covered with this endorsement. This can include electrical, gas, and water. Different insurance carriers have different variations of this endorsement.


Any damages caused by an earthquake would be paid for by earthquake insurance. If an earthquake destroys your home, your home insurance would not give you any money without this endorsement.


  • Multi Policy
  • Claims-Free
  • Loyalty
  • Green Home
  • Home Improvements
  • Burglar Alarm
  • Fire Alarm
  • Smoke Detector
  • Sprinkler System
  • Smart Home
  • Water Sensor
  • Automatic Water Shutoff
  • Low-Temperature Sensor
  • Senior
  • Military / Serviceman
  • Married / Widowed
  • HOA
  • Gated Community
  • Paid in Full
  • Early Payment
  • Automatic Payments
  • Bank or Card Payments
  • Paperless

*Different carriers use different discounts

Frequently Asked Questions

Do we insure people with many claims?

Yes! We have select carriers for people who have many claims or a bad record

Do we insure home sharing or home renting?

Absolutely! If you rent out your home or part of your home with Airbnb, HomeAway, or some other service, we’ve got you covered.

What payment methods do we accept?

Payments through a mortgage, direct billing through mail, EFT (Bank Account), debit and credit cards.

How can I file a claim?

 We strongly recommend calling us before the insurance carrier directly about a claim. You may not want to file a claim depending on your insurance plan. However, we will assist you in filling a claim the best way to make sure you take the least amount of damage possible to your insurance score. After talking with us, you can call the insurance carrier or let us call them for you.


If you can’t find your answer here, please don’t hesitate to ask a representative through our messaging system or email