If you want to email quote@wecare-insurance.com your insurance declaration pages instead, you can.

Quote Glossary


Co-Pay- A payment method which applies to specified services and disregards deductibles and co-insurance. For example, you may have to pay $10 for each prescription drug from the pharmacy, then the insurance company would pay the rest of the cost.

Co-Insurance- A payment method that takes into effect after the deductible is reached. The payment will be a percentage of the medical service cost. For example, you may have to pay 20% of every doctor visit and the insurance company would pay the rest of the cost (80%).

Coverage Amount- This is the total payout that the insurance company will pay in the event of death.

Date of Birth- Insurance companies use this number to guess how many years you have been driving and associate this with more experience and less risk.

Deductible- A payment method which takes effect before co-insurance and out of pocket maximum. This is a specified amount that must be paid per policy term. For example, you may have a $1,000 deductible per person on the plan. If Bob, had $1,500 in medical charges this year and Suzie had $800 in medical charges this year. Insurance would pay $500 because Bob’s deductible was met. Suzie on the other hand would have to pay $200 more before the insurance company would start paying.

Dental- Coverage for dental services including dentists and orthodontists.

Drug Prescriptions- Coverage for prescribed drugs from a medical professional.

Network- A group of medical professionals that works with the insurance company. Doctors and other medical services used must be within this network for insurance coverage.

Nicotine Use- The use of nicotine products increases risk.

Out of Pocket Maximum- This is the maximum amount that you would pay including  payments made through deductibles, co-pays, and co-insurance but excluding premium. For example, if John had an out of pocket maximum of $10,000, and had met his $2,000 deductible, made co-payments of $500 this year and paid co-insurance of $3,500, John would still need to pay $4,000 (10,000 – 2,000 – 500 – 3,500) through co-payments/co-insurance until John’s insurance company would pay for the rest of John’s medical period that year. After starting a new policy term (year), John had an incident where his medical bill was $25,000. If his co-insurance percentage was 80%, he would pay $6,600 {2,000 deductible + (25,000 – 2,000) * (100% – 80%)}.

Premium- This is the standard way to pay for insurance. You will make payments on a regular basis: monthly, quarterly, yearly.

Risk- An evaluation of how much an insurance company thinks its going to pay out to a policyholder. If you have high risk, the premium will be higher and if you have low risk, the premium will be lower. Almost every question on an insurance quote is factored into how risky you will be to insure.

Vision- Coverage for vision services, including eye doctor visits and glasses.