We are insurance brokers in Omaha, Nebraska and can help you get the right insurance. Feel free to call me.
Annual Income- This may be used as a premium factor in relation to other inputs into the carrier’s system.
Annual Payroll- Payroll may be an included coverage in the policy and in the event the business cannot pay, the insurance company would pay payroll. It may also be used as a premium factor.
Business Description- Insurance companies need to know what your business does, what products are sold, what services are offered, etc. to make sure that you are covered.
Business Sector/Industry- What type of work does your business do. Examples of Sectors/Industries include: Agriculture, Auto, Finance, Food, Real Estate, Retail.
Coverage- This helps the agent know if you want standard insurance, cheap insurance, or would rather know that you are covered for pretty much anything.
Current Insurance Company- Coming from another insurance company typically lowers your rate.
Date of Birth- Insurance companies associate age with experience.
Deductible- This is the amount of money you will pay for a claim before the insurance company will pay any money.
Hired Auto- Vehicles that are leased or rented for business use.
Liability Coverage- This pays for damages you caused to other people and their property. There is a limit for each occurrence and a limit for the policy period.
Marital Status- Singles are usually associated with higher risk and a married couple or widowed person is associated with lower risk.
Medical Payments- This is a liability coverage. If someone is injured on your property the insurance company will pay up to the predetermined limit per person.
Non-Owned Auto- Vehicles the business doesn’t own but are used for business purpsoses such as an employee’s personal vehicle.
Number of Floors- How many floors does the building you work in have?
Number of Employees- More employees means your business is more liable.
Ownership Structure- Different ownership types create different risks for individuals and their insurance.
Primary Source of Heat- Different risks and costs to replace are correlated with the different heat systems.
Professional Employment Organization- This is a company that lends or leases employees to a company.
Risk- An evaluation of how much an insurance company thinks its going to pay out to a policyholder. If you have high risk, the premium will be higher and if you have low risk, the premium will be lower. Almost every question on an insurance quote is factored into how risky you will be to insure.
Square Footage that your Business Occupies- More business space equals more risk.
USDOT#- U.S. Department of Transpiration Number. This is equivelant to the drivers license number for a business.
Wall Construction- Different costs apply to different siding and walls, this would affect premium.
Year Roof, electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems have all been updated- Insurance companies associate older systems with higher risk and more cost to repair.
Contractor Liability Insurance List
- Chimney Cleaning
- Closet Installation
- Concrete Work (No Foundation Work)
- Contractors (General)
- Debris Removal
- Deck Building
- Electrical work (Exterior Only)
- Electrical Work (interior and exterior)
- Electrical Work (Interior Only)
- Exterior Painting
- Fence Building
- Furniture Assembly – Non-Wood (No Cribs or Bunk Beds)
- Furniture Assembly – Wood (No Cribs or Bunk Beds)
- Furniture Installation – Offices or Stores
- Furniture Refinishing
- Gutter Cleaning
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Installation, Maintenance, or Repair)
- Invisible Fence Installation
- Lawn & Yard Maintenance
- Office Machines (Installation, Inspection, Adjustment, Servicing, or Repair)
- Painting (Exterior Only)
- Painting (Interior and Exterior)
- Painting (Interior Only)
- Pesticide Application (Landscapers Only)
- Plumbing (Commercial)
- Plumbing (Residential)
- Siding Installation
- Sign Installation, Servicing, and Repair
- Stucco Work
- Surveillance System Installation, Servicing, and Repair
- Surveyors (Not Performing Actual Construction)
- Swimming Pool Servicing (No Construction)
- Tile, Stone, Marble, Mosaic or Terrazzo Work – Interior Construction
- Trimming or Pruning Trees Exclusively at Ground Level (No Removals)
Contractor Insurance with Property Coverage
- Artistic Metal Construction
- Carpet, Rug, Furniture or Upholstery Cleaning Service
- Commercial Appliance Installation or Repair
- Commercial Plumbing
- Commercial Refrigeration System Repair
- Concrete Construction
- Door or Window Installation
- Driveway or Sidewalk Paving/Repaving
- Drywall Installation and Repair
- Entertainment System Installation and Repair
- Exterior Painting Service
- Fence Installation and Repair
- Flooring Installation Service (No Ceramic Tile or Stone)
- Furniture Assembly or Fixture Installation
- Glass Dealers and Glaziers Sales and Installation Service
- Home Furnishing Installation Service
- HVAC Installation and Repair
- HVAC Installation and Repair (NO LPG)
- Interior Carpentry/Remodeling
- Interior Decorators
- Interior Painting Service
- Interior Sign Painting and Lettering
- Interior Tile, Stone, Marble, Mosaic or Terrazzo Work
- Landscape or Gardening Service (No Tree Removal or Excavation)
- Lawn Sprinkler Installation
- Masonry Services
- Plaster or Stucco Work
- Residential and Commercial Appliance Installation or Repair
- Residential Appliance Installation or Repair
- Residential Cleaning Service
- Residential Construction (less than 3 stories)
- Residential Plumbing
- Residential Roofing
- Septic Tank Cleaning Service
- Siding Installation (No Wood)
- Wall or Ceiling Installation – Metal Only
- Wallpaper Installation
- Window Cleaning Service (3 stories or less)