Various Professional Fields In-Need of Liability Insurance
Areas of Practice
- Anti-Trust / Trade Regulation
- Banking / Financial Institutions
- Business Transactions / Commercial Law
- Civil / Commercial Litigation
- Civil Rights / Discrimination
- Collection / Bankruptcy
- Construction (Building Contracts)
- Consumer Claims
- Corporate Business Organization
- Family Law
- Government Contracts / Claims
- Immigration / Naturalization
- International Law
- Labor Management Representation
- Labor Union Representation
- Local Government
- Natural Resources / Oil & Gas
- Real Estate
- Wills, Estates, Trust & Probate
- Workers Compensation
Other Areas of Practice
Personal Injury / Property Damage
Essential Questions to Consider
- Does your firm offer a training program?
- Does your firm formally evaluate the performance of practicing lawyers?
- Are engagement letters required to be signed by new clients?
- Are scope of service letters required to be sent to clients?
- Does your firm acknowledge in writing the termination of representation?
- Does your firm have procedures for identifying and resolving conflicts of interest?
Liability Limit per Occurance
This is coverage for each claim/incident in a policy period.
Liability Limit in Aggregate
This is the total amount of coverage that your policy will payout within a given year.
Each claim will be subject to a deductible. This means you will spend money when a claim occurs before the insurance company will pay for the incident.
Sample Attorney Quote
Assumptions were made for this quote that will be different than your use case.
Many insurance plans are commonly bundled together for simplicity and a cheaper rate.
Business owner’s policy (BOP)
A popular option for small businesses like clothing boutiques that combines Commercial General Liability insurance with Commercial Property insurance, usually at a cheaper price than if the two were purchased separately.